The main principles I use to guide me in my life decisions -
- We are all connected and everything that we do - good or bad - effects others in ways we cannot always understand or know.
- You bear responsibility in everything that happens to you in your adult life and it's your job to accept that responsibility and change your life (if you want a different outcome the next time)
- You have no control over other people.
- If you try to change someone or control them, you will be unhappy in your own life.
- No one is responsible for what you do, what you say, how you live, or what you think except you.
- You have complete control and power over your own life - so be careful how you use it.
- Not deciding on something is a decision.
- Every day is another opportunity to change your life.
- Tell the truth - especially to yourself
- You cannot run from who you are or the decisions you have made - everywhere you go, there you are.
Find your priniciples and live them. If you know your own rules it's much easier to live your life.
“No man is an island entire of itself; every man is a part of a continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were . . .” John Donne